I know some of you may be surprised to hear this bit of news but the time has come to be honest with you all.
I am from this moment discontinuing writing Echoes of Honor. No, I’m not giving up on this WWII fictional story forever. While one day I hope to develop it into a full-blown, heart-stopping novel, this is no the time for it.
There are several reasons other than just not having the time to really give life to this story. I made some major blunders with the overall plot and even the characters. While the story will always stay generally the same, if I ever do publish it, several things will be greatly altered.
Some other reasons for EOH ending –
- I can’t develop Wilhelm’s and Sophie’s relationship in the way I want to. It feels awkward and stilted.
- Historical inaccuracies and things that just don’t match up.
- No explanation for the mysterious “resistance leaders.” I still don’t no who they are.
- I really wish I would’ve made the German commander more of a central threat.
- Karl’s character is lame…Really guys. I did an awful job with him.
I am sorry if this upsets or disappoints some of you. I truly don’t mean to appear like I just don’t care about what you all want. One of the MAIN reasons I’m stopping EOH is I’m not being fair to you. I write a story part here or there, then don’t post for forever. I’m not doing my absolute best at the writing either. That’s not being kind to all my faithful readers.
There is a huge lesson to be learned from this whole things. Please don’t ever start a serial story without having a plan ahead of you. Some people say you can just write off-hand but PLEASE, make yourself an outline. Think about if for awhile, develop rich characters.
This is a new era for Beautiful Things. No, I’m not stopping my blog…but I want to define the purpose for it. I want to know where I’m going with this site and how to help others through it.
Have a wonderful evening.