Recently, I’ve seen a lot of, “what to do for fun during quarantine” posts, so I decided to get in on the fun too!
Below, I’ve compiled a short list of simple, yet enjoyable things you can do to keep busy.
1. Make a meal for your family. While I do a lot of cooking for my family already, I still thought a fancy meal would lift everyone’s spirits. I made delicious beef stroganoff, with my sister’s homemade bread on the side. I also made chocolate raspberry pudding with homemade oreo crumbles on the top!
2. Clean something. I took everything out of my closet recently and re-organized it. I was shocked to see how many things I didn’t use or need.
3. Work on developing a strong devotional time. I’m still working on this one.
4. Make a book reading goal! I’m trying to read 20 novel-length books! Almost there.
5. Write a book! I thought this was impossible at one time, but I was able to make this idea a reality! You can too.
6. Spend time with your pet. We have four cats in our family – 3 outdoor and 1 indoor. The inside cat is my little buddy. He loves crawling up into my bunk bed to sleep there all afternoon. I sit up there with him sometimes. It’s the only time I can get him to sit still.
7. Spend time with your mom or dad. Make some coffee and take time to chat.
8. Encourage friends and family. Text, email, call.
9. Get extra sleep. This has been so nice in our family. We’ve been able to take a few days a week to get a little extra rest. What a blessing!
10. Watch a movie or play a game. My family has been watching through the Kendrick Brother films recently. We still have Fireproof to watch.
What kinds of things have you been doing in your spare time?