I was going to wait until Saturday to answer all your questions but I had some extra time and I thought it would be fun to do today!
If anymore questions come through I’ll do a part 2!
Questions and Answers:
1. What made you interested in becoming a writer? Hmm. I guess for as long as I could remember I really liked creating stories. When I was in 5th and 6h grade I won first place on two stories I wrote. That really encouraged me to take it more seriously. Recently I’ve had a bit of a rut with my writing, so I hope to remedy that the rest of this year.
2. What is your favorite book? Wow. That’s tough. I’d have to say that Kassie Angle’s “Stop the Rain” really impacted me this year. The book isn’t released yet, but I’ll let you all know when it does.
What is your favorite Hymn? I Stand Redeemed
What is your favorite movie? The Hobbit trilogy and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I hope to have a blog post soon that explains why I appreciate these movies so much.
3. What’s your favorite thing about blogging? Getting to share things with others and encourage them!
Who is your role model? Again, that’s tough. Darlene Diebler Rose. She was a missionary and wrote the book “Evidence Not Seen.” To have her level of faith and assurance in Christ is something I aspire to.
What’s the most exciting thing that happens everyday in your life? It changes from day to day depending on what’s happening of course, but just being able to get up and enjoy the day is exciting to me! Every good day is a blessing.
4. Do you like horses? YES! I love horses. I started taking lessons last year. Just this week I started riding Charmer. He’s the third horse I’ve ridden so far. As you get more advanced, you start riding more active horses at this lesson place. The only thing I don’t like about horses is they can be very skittish. I found that out when I went tumbling off a bucking hors and landed on my back. Guys, it was a very un-fun day.
Have you ever eaten a whole pizza by your self before? Uh…yeah. 😉 To be honest, it’s not that impressive really. The pizza was only supposed to serve 3.
Favorite vacay spot? My favorite vacay spot to this date was when we went to California!
Are you a good cook? Not to sound proud or anything but yes. I love cooking but I tend to make huge portions…I have no idea why.
Have you ever eaten an eraser before? No…have you? 😂
5. How do you go about scheduling time to write amongst the business of life? Confession…I’m terrible at this. During the school year I basically didn’t do any writing. My mom found a online program I could do that involved writing but it wasn’t really creative writing. Now that I’ve graduated, I’m hoping to make my writing more of a priority in life. I’m a morning person, so I’d probably chose to do my devotions than write before anyone gets up. My advice, be flexible. There’s no one right time for everyone. Base your writing schedule off what’s going on in your life. Start small, even if you only write for 20 mins. Also, try not to count blogging as writing time. Writing time should be just for writing.
6. What are some ways you work around writer’s block on a particular project? Or do you give up and go do something else until the block dissolves? According to one writing professional I admire, writer’s blog isn’t a real thing, only an excuse for laziness. I disagree. Yes, there will be times when our writing doesn’t get the attention it needs because we’re being careless with our time, but there are instances where our minds just can’t think of what’s next in our story. Always write some sort of outline even before you start writing your actual story. Maps show us where to go, let your outline show you where your story is going to end up. Don’t give up on your story. I’ve done that too many times and regret it. Yes, take a step away from it to refresh your mind, but don’t toss it aside. I wonder how many things I could have finished if I would have had more patience.
Think creatively, don’t be afraid to ask someone their opinion on your story or maybe what they think would be interesting. You don’t always have to use what they suggest story wise, but be open to changing your outline a little bit for the sake of your story.
Thank you everyone for your awesome questions! If you have anymore, don’t hesitate to ask. 😀