Are you all ready for Christmas? I certainly am! All my gifts are wrapped and under the tree and I’m eagerly counting down the days to one of the most wonderful time of the year.
As promised I have a Christmas wrapping post to share today. It’s very simplistic but I thought it would be fun to share how I wrap my gifts.
- Select your gift. (This is sort of overstating the obvious. You can’t wrap nothing. I mean, you can, but why?)
- Pick out a fun or beautiful Christmas wrapping. (I chose my wrapping according to who the gift is for. I also chose certain kinds of ribbon or aesthetic accessories like ribbon/buttons/glitter based on who the gift is for.
- Make sure to gather all your gift wrapping supplies. Ribbon, tape, scissors, wrapping paper, etc…
3. Grab your gift and get started. Here I placed the gift in a cardboard box. This is a great idea because you can’t tell what the gift is and it really makes for a nice finished look.
4. Lay out your paper and cut a piece big enough for your gift. Really try and attempt to cut straight lines.
5. Start taping!
6. Turn the gift over. (BTW, when you are using a box, make sure to put the front of the wrapping paper on the seam that hadn’t been cut when you open the original package after receiving it in the mail. This way the flaps won’t accidentally open up and tear the paper.)
7. Add some ribbon or other accessories like small bells! Silver and gold bells are so cute and you can get them at Walmart for super cheap!
I know everyone has their own signature way to wrap gifts so feel free to wrap your gifts however you want. I just hope that this post helped to boost your Christmas spirit! Check out last year’s post for more Christmas gift wrapping ideas – 2019 Christmas Post