Wow! I can’t believe it has been an entire year.
2020 has lasted forever but it has also went incredibly fast! I find that the older I get, the more time flies…seriously. That’s not just something people say. Time and circumstances seem to come and go at an amazing rate as the years slip by.
I was really hoping to be able to share my surprise with you all this week but like I said, circumstances can come and go in the blink of the eye. Don’t worry. I’m still planning on sharing the exciting news soon but I’m not sure when it will be.
Has anyone compiled a New Year Resolution yet? Let me ask you, is it longer than your arm?
Let’s talk about realistic goals and how it relates to New Year’s Resolutions.
In my experience when I make myself a long list of crazy goals I find myself getting discouraged as the months pass and I’ve hardly crossed one things off.
The important think to remember when creating a New Year Resolution is – if you feel like you aren’t getting anything accomplished on your list, you might need to make some edits.
Create reasonable goals for yourself. Don’t make it so that that you feel like it’s the end of the world when 2022 rules around and you haven’t finished your list. My suggestion is to put five goals tops on your list. Make sure they’re actually priorities and not just fun bucket list things, although some of those can be a priority depending on what is going on in your life. You can always make a bucket list too I guess. 😜
Think about what is most important to you and what you would really like to see accomplished this new year!
My 2021 New Year Resolution
- Read my Bible. Oh, my goodness! I’m sure this is literally somewhere on many people’s list but I wanted this one to be first on mine. I have to confess I’ve been so bad at not reading the Word in the last year. I’m not making excuses. I’ve been lazy, plain and simple. I’d like to read through a book of the Bible each month or maybe read two of they are shorter.
Fulfill a dream of mine. A dream I can’t talk about because it has to do with the surprise I’m supposed to be sharing later.Sorry!
- SAVE MONEY/BUDGET I started working at a new job late in August. I don’t know if this has ever happened to you but does your money ever burn a hole in your pocket?…Or maybe your wallet? I am by nature more of a spender than a saver but I really would like to try to change that. Money isn’t a toy or a frivolous thing we can toss around. We need to be really careful with it and that is what I plan to do! Right now I don’t have a whole ton of expenses and I should really see that as a blessing.
- Invest more in friendships and relationships. My love language is to give gifts but I need to work on listening better to other people’s needs and to give my time or talents to them instead of just gifts.
- Pray. Prayer can be hard. Sometimes it feels like a chore and I never know what to say. Prayers don’t have to be long or complicated! Just tell God what’s on your heart and ask Him for guidance and to help those you are praying for. God hears you even when you are feeling doubtful or unsure.
- (Easy BONUS! – Get more sleep! I have a horrible habit of chilling with my phone before bed. Awhile ago I tried to start stop looking at screens an hour before bed. That lasted a grand total of, like, two days. There is nothing that important on my phone that I should be on it before bed. If you use an alarm, set it for the next morning after supper or when you’re getting ready for bed. Setting it early helps you not be tempted to check messages or email as you’re trying to fall asleep.
- (Another Easy BONUS! Work on being patient. I am a super impatient person. I want what I want right now! It can be so hard when you want something and it is in your reach but still too far away. This goes hand in hand with prayer. I want to ask God to fill me up with His love that He is always enough for me no matter what.
Okay, I know that was a super long post but I hope you found a golden tidbit to help you as you think of New Year goals to reach!
Happy New Year’s Eve!